Rose Festival Internships
Each year we look for enthusiastic individuals to help us produce and market Rose Festival events. We're looking for people who are interested in gaining valuable learning experiences in a fast-paced environment. In addition to a great learning experience and Rose Festival event tickets, each Rose Festival intern will receive a stipend, partially funded by the Pacific Power Foundation.
Our Internships present numerous opportunities for students, including:
- Event Planning and Implementation
- Public Relations
- Sponsorship Management
- Merchandise/Retail Management
- Database Developer
Rose Festival Interns can expect:
- To receive college credit and festival event tickets
- To gain valuable hands-on experience
- To work on world-class events with our professional festival staff
- To interact directly with festival sponsors, customers, volunteers and board members
- To work on meaningful projects that make a difference in the community
- To see and participate in 'behind the scenes' aspects of the festival and event industry
- To be able to NETWORK extensively
Internship duties vary, but we're looking for students with the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- The desire to work in a fun, fast-paced and professional atmosphere
- The willingness to work hard and put in extra time and effort as needed
- Being able to work well both as part of a team and independently on a variety of projects
- General office skills which include computers, copiers and other office equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Professional demeanor and an enthusiastic attitude
The Pacific Power Foundation is proud to support the growth and vitality of the communities in which Pacific Power operates and has employees. Through the Rose Festival Foundation's internship program, the Pacific Power Foundation helps provide opportunities for youth to gain valuable work and life experiences and to succeed in contributing to the well-being of our communities.
Note: There are documents on this page in .pdf format.
Do you need Adobe Reader? It's free!
Marketing Intern [PDF]
Special Events Intern [PDF]
Are you interested in applying for an internship? You'll need the following document:
(Note: The following document is in .pdf format.)
Employment Application [PDF]