DO GOOD & FEEL GOOD
at the Portland Rose Festival
For the first time ever, Rose Festival has designated an official charity, the Knight Cancer Challenge, helping to raise a billion dollars to end cancer as we know it. Our goal is to empower individuals to get involved in the Challenge through participation in Rose Festival events. Dollar by dollar, we can make cancer nothing but a memory. Look for the Knight Cancer Challenge to be integrated across Rose Festival programming, especially around Grand Floral Parade weekend.
“There is no question that we can defeat cancer,” says Dr. Brian Druker, Director of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute. “What it requires is knowledge. When we understand what is broken, we can fix it.”
OHSU’s Knight Cancer Challenge is an unprecedented $1 billion campaign to find smarter, faster ways to detect the disease when it is most curable. Phil Knight and his wife, Penny, have pledged to donate $500 million to support this ambitious plan – if OHSU can raise an additional $500 million in gifts and pledges by February 4, 2016. Early detection is the most direct route to ending cancer as we know it. OHSU has the vision and expertise to find the quickest path to new diagnostics and new cures. Visit their website to learn more about the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Register for the Bank of the West Grand Floral Walk. The Knight Cancer Challenge is the official beneficiary of the Walk; $2 of every registration will be donated to the Challenge.
- Give Now online directly to the Knight Cancer Challenge.
- Donate at the Spirit Mountain Casino Grand Floral Parade. If all of our parade fans bring a dollar or two, we can raise thousands to end cancer as we know it.
- Vote for Thelma with your pennies at the Rose Festival Museum at CityFair. After the winner is announced, all of the proceeds will be donated to the Knight Cancer Challenge
- Donate to the Rose Festival Runners. This year they we will be donating part of their proceeds to The Knight Cancer Challenge.