Are you interested in being part of the team that helps plan and produce this well-loved festival? Do you have skills or talents to offer, along with your most valuable commodity—your time? We are actively looking for people to join our diverse and dynamic team to keep pace with the ever-changing world of special events.
The Portland Rose Festival Foundation Board of Directors works year-round in tandem with a small but skilled professional staff to produce the world-class events and programs of the annual Rose Festival, Portland's Official Festival. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and its Board is comprised of up to 75 local leaders who implement the Foundation’s mission, work on committees for Rose Festival events, and fulfill assigned roles at these events.
Per the organization's Bylaws, an official call for nominations happens once per year in the summer. During this call for nominations, candidates for the PRFF Board may nominate themselves, or be nominated by an existing Board member or staff member. The Nominating Committee reviews the applications, conducts interviews, and makes recommendations over a 2.5-month period, culminating in a full-Board vote on a recommended slate of new Directors at the Annual Meeting (late October).
The commitment of a Director includes:
- Attendance at no fewer than two of the three in-person Board meetings held annually (February, May, and October).
- Service on three Rose Festival committees (which could be an on-site assignment for the day of an event or a long-term role in the planning and development stage)—or an equivalent commitment on a Rose Festival project.
- An annual cash contribution to the Foundation of a minimum of $150 during each fiscal year (November 1-October 31).
The process for Director selection includes:
- Completion of the application materials by the deadline (5pm Pacific on August 22, 2023).
- (Optional) A recommendation supporting your board service (online form filled out by someone you know, or a PRFF Board or staff member).
- An interview with the Foundation's nominating committee.
- If you are selected as a Director, you will be asked to complete a confidential criminal background check conducted by the company Occuscreen (at no cost to you).
Start by completing this PROSPECTIVE DIRECTOR APPLICATION FORM
by no later than 5pm Pacific on August 22, 2023
Optionally, please have someone complete this RECOMMENDATION FORM
by the August 22 deadline.
Do you have questions? Contact staff member Carol Ross at email@example.com or 503.227.2681.