The Portland Rose Festival Foundation is dedicated to producing safe, friendly, and inclusive events that celebrate the diversity of our city and state. We believe our culture is enhanced by the individuality of all people, and we welcome everyone regardless of their background, gender, identity, orientation, or abilities. We acknowledge the need to continually assess our business practices and decision-making utilizing an equity lens. We aspire to be a festival where diversity of thought is embraced, and we recognize how this supports our promise to bring world-class events and programming to our community.
We will do this through:
- Targeted outreach to underrepresented and BIPOC communities.
- Acknowledging and honoring the traditional lands of Indigenous peoples.
- Operating as an anti-racist organization.
- Acknowledging and dismantling any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually updating and reporting organizational progress.
- Committing time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our board, staff, and volunteers.
- Generating and aggregating quantitative and qualitative data related to diversity, equity, and inclusion to make measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Pooling resources and partnering with Culturally specific businesses/organizations committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Practicing supplier diversity with vendors.