The Grand Floral Parade begins by traveling through Memorial Coliseum. It then travels down MLK Jr. Blvd, across the Burnside Bridge, and into downtown Portland, ending at Lincoln High School.
See the route map of the parade:
Note: The following document is in PDF format.
Do you need Adobe Reader? It's free!
Place your cursor (click and drag) to move the map around. You can resize (etc.) via the map controls.
Map of 1 N Center Court ST | Portland, OR 97227-2102 | U.S.A.
Map of SW Taylor ST & SW Broadway | Portland, OR 97205 | U.S.A.
Things to know
- The I-5 Southbound freeway off-ramp that stays open the longest. If you are traveling Northbound on I-5, take I-405 North, go over the Fremont Bridge, and go South on I-5 to exit at the Rose Quarter.
- Broadway is open for Westbound traffic.
- The police can only GUARANTEE that traffic will be able to cross the parade line at Benton ST to get into the garages until 8:00 a.m. If it is safe enough to be clear, they will keep it open longer.
- The following streets observe alternate routes: SW 2nd Ave Northbound lanes and SW 3rd Ave Southbound lanes open to Tri-Met.
Purchase your TriMet ticket in advance at TriMet.org.
Watching the parade at the Memorial Coliseum?
The parade route closes at 8:00 a.m. on the east side and 9:00 a.m. on the west side. Freeway exits around the Rose Quarter close at 7:00 a.m. The formation area around the Rose Quarter closes at 6:00 a.m.
The following streets are closed:
- NE 1st from Holladay to MLK Jr BLVD
- NE Interstate from Occidental to Broadway
- Morrison Bridge from MLK Jr Blvd to SW 2nd AVE
The disband area around Lincoln High School closes at 10:00 a.m. The following streets are closed:
- SW 14th to 18th
- SW Salmon to Burnside
East side: Parking is available on the street or at the Rose Quarter. Parking rates apply at the Rose Quarter and all vehicles must be parked by 8:00 a.m.
Downtown: Parking is available in surface lots and parking garages.
Smart Park Garages
SW 1st & Jefferson
SW 3rd & Alder
SW 4th & Morrison
SW 10th & Yamhill
NW Naito & Davis
City Center Parking Lots
SW 3rd & Ash
SW Stark & 4th
SW Pine & 6th
SW Oak & Park
SW 10th & 9th
Old Town 76 low parking rates open 24 hours (located at 4th and West Burnside).
- The Grand Floral Parade is televised live at the Memorial Coliseum
- Band judging takes place at Burgerville on NE MLK Jr BLVD
- Equestrian judging takes place at the south end of the Oregon Convention Center on NE MLK Jr BLVD
Public Address Towers Located Along the Parade Route
1st & Weidler (Versa-Steel)
Weidler & MLK BLVD (Starbucks)
MLK Blvd (Burgerville)
MLK Blvd (Oregon Convention Center)
MLK & Davis (URS Elect/Stark Vacuum)
MLK & Burnside (Wentworth Chevrolet)
Burnside Bridge (Burnside Bridge-West Tower)
4th & Burnside (Old Town 76)
4th & Stark (Azumano Travel)
4th & Morrison (Shoe Pavilion)
Broadway & Washington (Hotel Vintage Plaza)
Broadway & Yamhill (Pioneer Courthouse Square)
Broadway & Salmon (Heathman Hotel)
Taylor | 12th & 13th (Power Oregon Co.)
10th & Morrison (Galleria)
10 & Stark (Black Rooster Cafe)
(Many THANKS to these various locations for allowing the Rose Festival to use their property for our PA Towers!)
What to Bring
Be prepared and bring an umbrella, water, sunscreen and chairs or blankets.