You Can Put The Bloom (And The Name) On Portland’s Rose!
A rose by any other fragrance needs an appropriate name, and the Portland Rose Festival Foundation is asking the public to come up with one for the festival’s 2010 signature rose. Rose Festival fans are being asked to submit a name in three words or less for this 2010 limited edition rose. The winner will receive not only the honor of personally ‘dubbing’ the new rose, but a prize package including a Portland Rose Festival 2010 Season Pass and a Rose Care Package from Dennis’ 7 Dees.
People can enter their rose names via email or by filling out an official entry form at Dennis’ 7 Dees Garden Centers. Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and only one rose name suggestion per entry form or email will be considered for judging. DEADLINE for entries is 6:00 p.m. Monday, January 4. More information is available at:
View the ‘Name the Rose’ Fact Sheet:
What would YOU call a striking floribunda rose with seductive shades of peach, coral and salmon that changes color with the sun? The strong, long stems and the clean, deep green glossy leaves make this signature rose a great addition to any cutting garden. The rose will be available exclusively at Dennis’ 7 Dees Garden Centers. And for each rose sold, $2 will be donated to the Portland Rose Festival Foundation!
Dennis’ 7 Dees has been a leading nursery, garden center and landscape contractor in the Portland area since 1956. They sells a wide variety of plants, shrubs and trees, gardening supplies, tools and other items for home gardens and landscapes and have an ongoing commitment to “Smarter Gardening” based on free, expert gardening advice from their experienced staff. The company also offers a complete range of residential and commercial landscaping services, including installations, patios, decks and walls, water features, lighting systems and maintenance. Dennis’ 7 Dees has five garden center locations, three in the Portland metro area and two on the Oregon coast, in Seaside and Gearhart. For more information call: 503.777.7777.
Name the Rose Contest
Sponsored by Dennis’ 7 Dees and the Portland Rose Festival Foundation
Use an official entry form, available at any Dennis’ 7 Dees Garden Center
Email your suggestion to: email@example.com
Deadline for entry is: Monday, January 4, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.
Dennis’ 7 Dees Garden Centers:
Lake Oswego – 1090 McVey AVE
Cedar Hills – 10455 SW Butner RD
S.E. Powell – 6025 SE Powell BLVD
Seaside, Oregon – 84794 HWY 101 S
Enter the Portland Rose Festival 2010 “Name the Rose Contest” using an official entry form available at any Dennis’ 7 Dees Garden Center, or submit your suggestion via email. Instructions for both methods of entry are below.
Entries MUST BE THREE (3) WORDS OR LESS. (For example, “This Special Rose” is an acceptable entry, “This Very Special Rose” is not.)
To enter in person, fill out an official entry form at any Dennis’ 7 Dees Garden Center. Only one Rose Name suggestion per entry form will be considered for judging. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the Name the Rose Contest
To enter via email, please follow these instructions:
1. Place your suggestion for the name of the rose in the subject line of your email (only one rose name suggestion per email entry).
2. Send the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Include First Name and Last Name, daytime telephone number and email address in the body of the email (NOTE: Contact information is required to complete entry).
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2010, at 6:00 p.m. One winner will be chosen from all entries submitted by the deadline. In case of duplicate entries, award will be given to the earliest entry or email date.
For more information, visit: Dennis7Dees.Com/nametherose
The Portland Rose Festival Foundation and Dennis’ 7 Dees are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged or illegible entries. Winner will be informed by January 15, 2010. Employees, board members and immediate families of the following are ineligible: Portland Rose Festival Foundation, Dennis’ 7 Dees, What to Do Media. Winner agrees that the Portland Rose Festival Foundation, Dennis’ 7 Dees and What to Do Media have the right to publish their names and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Date, time and location of announcement of winning entry TBA. No prize substitutions permitted, taxes are the winner’s responsibility, all federal, state and local laws apply.
Name of winner may be obtained by sending a request with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Name the Rose Contest Winner
7355 SE Johnson Creek BLVD
Portland OR 97206
Prize Package (Total Value $350)
Portland Rose Festival 2010 “Season Pass” Includes:
- Six (6) gate admissions for the 2010 Rose Festival Waterfront Village at Waterfront Park, valid any time May 28-June 13, 2010
- Two (2) wristbands valid for unlimited carnival rides in the Funtastic midway at the Waterfront Village, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Opening Night: Friday, May 28, 2010.
- Two (2) general admission tickets for the Lloyd Center/Portland Rose Society 122nd Annual Spring Rose Show, valid Thursday, June 10 or Friday June 11, 2010.
- Two (2) indoor reserved seat tickets for the 2010 KeyBank Grand Floral Parade & Queen’s Coronation at the Memorial Coliseum, Saturday, June 12, 2010.
- Two (2) general admission tickets for the “From One Rose” Motion Picture Screening at the Hollywood Theatre on Saturday, June 12, 2010.
- Two (2) three-day general admission tickets and one (1) three-day parking pass for the Rose Cup Races presented by Temp-Control Mechanical Corp. at Portland International Raceway, June 11 – 13, 2010.
Dennis’ 7 Dees Rose Care Package Includes:
- Felco #2 Pruners
- Neen Fungicide/Insecticide Ready To Use (24 ounces)
- Pallina Rose Gloves
- Black Forest Compost (3 cu foot bale)
- Rose Society 15-10-10 Rose Fertilizer (20 pounds)
- Ortho Rose Care Book
- “Name the Rose” Bare Root Rose