Thank you for your interest in the Rose Festival Court Scholarship Program!
The 2013 Rose Festival Court Scholarship Program application process is now closed. Thank you to all the participating students and schools! Eligible candidates who have submitted an application MUST attend ONE of the following orientation sessions:
- Saturday, January 19, 4:00 p.m. -- 2 World Trade Center Auditorium
SW First & SW Salmon ST (SW First & SW Salmon) - Portland, Oregon
- Wednesday, January 23, 6:30 p.m. -- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center East Pavilion Wing (Main Floor) - Souther Auditorium
9205 SW Barnes Road - Portland, Oregon
- Saturday, January 26, 10:00 a.m. -- Providence Portland Medical Center Cancer Center (Main Floor) Amphitheater
4805 NE Glisan ST - Portland, Oregon
Court Selection Process (February/March):
Rose Festival Court applicants are judged in one or more sessions at designated locations by a panel of judges from the community, selected by Rose Festival Board of Directors. Candidates will need to memorize a speech on the designated topic and answer impromptu questions in an interview setting. The selected Court Member will be announced on the Announcement Day for her school. If the selected Court Member is unable to serve, there is no runner-up. Judges will evaluate candidates based on the following criteria:
- Character (50%): Demonstrates good citizenship, community-minded, involved in school and other activities, shows desires to help others.
- Communication Skills (25%): Good verbal skills, speaks clearly, expresses herself appropriately, creative speech content, correct grammar, good eye contact.
- Presence (25%): Poised under pressure, prepared for speech and interview, enthusiastic, sincere, comfortable with herself, appropriate grooming.
Still have questions? See our FAQ.