Marching Bands at the Rose Festival
Thank you to all the marching bands that participated in the 2016 Portland Rose Festival!
2017 Band Applications Now Available!
If you’re planning your band’s schedule for the 2016-2017 school year, now’s the time to consider Rose Festival performance opportunities! We have a great lineup of parades, stages and other opportunities available in 2017, including:
- CityFair Performances, various dates and times, May 26-June 11.
- Starlight Parade, Saturday, June 3, 8:30 p.m.
- Downtown Noontime Concerts, weekdays, May 26-June 9.
- Grand Floral Parade, Saturday, June 10, 10:00 a.m.
Applications for 2017 events from local, regional, and guest bands are due November 18, 2016. Invitations will be issued after Winter Break.
Welcome Guest Bands!
The Portland Rose Festival welcomes appearances from out-of-town bands at all our events! If your band is planning a tour, we encourage you to consider the Portland Rose Festival as an exciting performance destination.
A tour during the Portland Rose Festival can include:
- Multiple performance opportunities during each festival weekend.
- Assistance from a local volunteer band host to help you plan your trip.
- Fun festival opportunities to add an element of play to your tour.
- Easy access to attractions such as the Oregon Coast, Multnomah Falls and Mt. Hood.
The Portland Rose Festival does not charge a fee to participate in our events, but we do have an application process. Guest Band applications are accepted on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply early so we can help you plan your trip in advance. For more information about our Band Program, email us. Applications for 2017 events are due November 18, 2016.
Middle School and Junior High Bands
The Portland Rose Festival has a parade just for you! The Fred Meyer Junior Parade, held Wednesday, June 7, 2017, is open to elementary, middle school and junior high bands. For more information about joining the Junior Parade band rotation, email us.