The Grand Floral Walk begins by traveling through the Memorial Coliseum. It then travels down MLK Jr. Blvd, across the Burnside Bridge, and into downtown Portland, ending at SW Taylor and 13th to celebrate with Finish Line Freebies.
NOTE: REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN FULL WATER BOTTLE AS THERE ARE NO WATER STATIONS ON THE COURSE.
Relive your favorite Rose Festival memories and walk with your friends and neighbors in the Grand Floral Walk pre-parade! Colorful and creative t-shirts or costumes are encouraged as you promote your walking group to fans along the 4 mile Grand Floral Parade route.
Walk Start Location
All participants will arrive at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum at 8:30 a.m. to lineup for the Grand Floral Walk. Registration activities formerly on the west side of the Steel Bridge can be enjoyed at the Finish Line. Instructions and access passes to the formation area at the Coliseum will be sent to all participants in May.
The four-mile walk route is also the route of the 2019 Spirit Mountain Casino Grand Floral Parade, leaving from the Memorial Coliseum. The Wilson High School marching band will lead you past nearly half a million spectators who will cheer you on as you enjoy your own pre-parade. You can opt to do a two-mile portion of the course and exit on W Burnside St., or walk the full four miles and enjoy Finish Line Freebies! Please bring your own water bottle and other equipment to take you through a two or four mile walking event. There will be no water stations available on course. Seating will NOT be provided.
- Please be courteous to the parade participants and spectators. Contact with parade spectators is not allowed. Please do not walk back along the parade route to join your friends and family. The Portland Police Traffic Division must clear the parade route promptly following the Grand Floral Walk. Walkers proceeding the wrong way may be removed from the route.
- Please help the Walk be a fun, safe event. Wearing headphones is discouraged. Bicycles, dogs, skateboards and in-line and roller skates are prohibited.
- The Bank of the West Grand Floral Walk is a party parade, not a political march or rally. Participation in the Walk cannot focus on religious, political, ideological, social, or controversial themes or issues.
- Signage is restricted to official sponsors, special guests, and registered groups. Banners should be no larger than 3′ x 7′ and handheld signs should be no larger than 2′ x 3′ and must be carried by a registered walker. Signs and banners are subject to on site approval of the Grand Floral Walk committee. Signage text should include group name only: No commercial advertisement (other than official sponsors), no political, religious, social or ideological messages, no phone numbers allowed.
- Amplified music is not allowed in the Walk.
Warm Weather Alert and Water Stations
Be prepared for warm weather and high humidity. Pace yourself accordingly. Due to the nature of this walk route, water will be available at the finish area, but NOT along the four-mile route. You must plan on bringing your own water bottle to carry with you throughout the event.
Take TriMet, the Rose Festival’s key transportation partner!
Hop Fastpass is a new transit fare card that will make it easier to ride on TriMet, C-TRAN and Portland Streetcar. Put money on your card anytime, anywhere and earn passes as you ride. You can buy and reload a Hop card at hundreds of local retailers. To learn more visit myhopcard.com.